If both services do the same job, how do you know what will work best for you and your home? We’ll help you decide by breaking down the pros and cons of both.
Dumpster RentalWith a dumpster rental service, you are given a dumpster to fill by yourself. The size of the dumpster depends on the amount of your estimated junk. After sorting the junk, you haul away the items you wish to dispose of and load them in the dumpster. When that’s done, the service provider will come to your location, offload the dumpster contents into their truck, and take them to the disposal or recycling site.
The costs of a dumpster rental depend on the size of the dumpster. The small ones may cost as little as $250, while the large ones (typically required at construction sites) may cost up to $500.
Pros of a Dumpster Rental
- They offer flexibility in terms of your timeline. You can rent a dumpster or two (or more) for as little as one day and as long as weeks and months. This comes in handy for projects that require the accumulation of junk for a longer time.
- They are a relatively cheaper option, especially if you have lots of collected junk.
- They work best for construction and renovation jobs and estate and industrial-sized clean-outs.
- You have to do the heavy hauling and load the dumpster yourself.
- Some sites might require you to acquire a permit to keep a dumpster for a long time.
For junk removal services, the price depends upon many factors, including the location of your house, the kind of service required, the parking condition, and accessibility to the junk, among others.
On average, the junk removal costs start between $50 to $150 and increase as per the difficulty of service.
Pros of a Junk Removal Service
- Professionals will do all the heavy lifting.
- It takes a short time to remove the junk.
- For a small amount of junk, it is a cheaper option.
- It provides optimal costs for single item pick-ups.
- For large amounts of junk, this service can be pricey.
- If you need to get rid of extra junk, you will have to pay for additional service.